Ukraine has recently become one of the key areas targeted for global clinical trials. Main reasons for this include: relatively low competition among ongoing clinical trials; a treatment-naive population with few options for access to standard-of-care treatment; a healthcare system that is still centralized, which allows to recruit more patients at fewer study sites; and qualified investigators who provide clinical data of high quality.
Farmasoft CT LLC is a Clinical Research Organization (CRO) offering complete portfolio of services necessary to conduct clinical trials in Ukraine. Our mission is to relieve the sponsor of difficulties considered inevitable when running a trial in a new and previously unknown country. At every stage of clinical research activity, be it before, during or after the actual trial, we stand ready to support our customers and deliver the best experience possible.
Farmasoft CT in a nutshell:
- The company was founded in 2006 and commenced active operations in 2007. We specialize in Phases II-IV of clinical research.
- At the time of launch, the company employed a staff of 5 persons who were in charge of 3 clinical trials. Since then, the company grew steadily and nowadays Farmasoft CT employs 17 Clinical Research Associates supported by 6 Clinical Trials Assistants and 3 persons of administrative/management staff. Additional staff are contracted on as-needed basis.
- Most of our CRAs have a least 1-1.5 years of experience in various phases and therapeutic areas.
- All of our CRAs have a medical/pharmaceutical/biotech background.
- Farmasoft CT employs a mixed-base model: 5 of its CRAs are field-based, covering the largest clinical research hub cities (and thus cutting the travel costs while ensuring close oversight!), and the other 12 operate from the head office in Kyiv.
- At mid-2009, Farmasoft CT is running 19 clinical trials at 134 clinical sites. Additional 7 trials are in the start-up phase.
The therapeutic areas covered include: Cardiovascular, Endocrine and Metabolic, CNS, Pain, Inflammation, Urology & Sexual Health, Oncology, Ophthalmology.
- Farmasoft CT aims to be a full-service CRO. As such, we have partnered with vendors who specialize in: warehousing & logistics, medical writing, translation, safety reporting.
- At the same time, we would like to provide the most flexible service possible, therefore we also outstaff our employees as needed by the sponsors/CROs to coverfor their short- or long-term personnell requirements.